Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Choosing your future at 17...

I haven't posted in a while, and this post will not be about fashion.  I will have a quick venting session, with you :)

I am sure I am not the only one who thinks that choosing our future at 17 is crazy!!!  However, I didn't realize it until now, and I am almost 22.

In two semesters I will be done with my major, which is accounting.  Yes, I will be making a lot of money BUT accounting is such a dry subject.  Don't get me wrong I am decent in my accounting classes, but my heart isn't in it.

I started taking media classes and I am enjoying them so much! SO I picked up public relations as my minor....but since I added it so late I will have to take additional courses which will stress me out even more....yay!  BUT I know I will enjoy those classes.  Right now, one of the classes I am taking is the History of Media...it might sound geeky and silly but I LOVE studying for the tests, and taking notes in that class...on the other hand accounting classes are so dreadful....I do what I have to in order to pass the class with a decent grade. Like I said my heart isn't in it.

I am getting overwhelmed by stuff I don't desire...of course it will help me, everyone should know the basics of accounting it is so useful...BUT I am scared I will get stuck in it...a 9-5 looking though numbers, cubicle job.

OH...and you know what's worst!? I came from another country....SO my parents, my brother and I left my home country in order to assure better futures for my brother and I.  NO PRESSURE...my parents want a doctor/psychologist/accountant/engineer/lawyer/politician....my brother is actually studying engineering...but he likes it...FOR NOW... SO it is hard to disappoint parents which gave up everything to make sure you'll be successful one day...and taking a risk with a career isn't even an option.

I want a creative career! HAHA...I am 22 and I am still not 100% sure what it is I want to do.  I just know I want to be in the fashion/media field.  How do I get there I am not sure.  BUT I know I will...for now all I know is school...I am good at school.  I know how to do well as a student.   Growing up scares me a bit, but I am sure you have felt/feel or will feel this emotion eventually.  But what scares me most is being stuck doing a job I do not enjoy...OH MY GOSH that petrifies me....

I am sure one day I will figure it out, and I pray everyday that God will help me out...but it all takes time.

Thanks for reading my story...I am not sure how many people will read this...BUT it will be fun to look back at this in 10 years and see what I had to go through to get to where I will be then...

If you have anything to add, share or suggest I would love to hear it, so I am encouraging you to comment... ;)

With Love,
Maja

No comments:

Post a Comment